Sunday, January 15, 2012

IAR 221-01

For my object, I decided to choose a perfume bottle. My first reason is because the bottle design resembles the curves of a woman . I not only appreciate the design, but i also appreciate the design of the scent of the perfume. This object relates to my work because I feel my work is very feminine and natural. The perfume I chose was made from natural elements such as flowers, which also echoes femininity. Perfumes have been part of our culture for a very long time. In this day and age perfume is a billion dollar industry. In ancient times people used perfume for religious ceremonies and love making. In addition, it was also a symbol of wealth in some parts of the world because perfume can be very expensive.
 Finally, perfume is a symbol of beauty. Woman have been trying to enhance their beauty for ages. How does perfume make you feel beautiful? I feel that perfume gives woman an added confidence to go along with all their other beauty enhancers.

1 comment:

  1. Good post Brianna. There were some well thought out insights to the history of the substance contained within the bottle. How about the bottle itself? Who made the bottle and what country did it come from? What does the bottle and its contents represent to them?

    ReplyDelete