Monday, March 19, 2012

IAR 221: Object Space Building Place

For my object I chose a disposable coffee mug. The object screams "I'm on the go". Its a portable coffee cup that could essentially hold anything you want it to. Being a college student, I usually see a lot of these on campus, but the most prominent places you would receive or see these coffee mugs in are cafes. 
The shape of the coffee mug gradually gets wider as it gets taller. This design allows for it to sit comfortably in the hand as you carry it. The brown paper also reminds me of recyclable material, but its there for protection from hot liquids.
The overall language that I'm receiving from this object is fast paced, quick, easy, warm, and good design. Not only does the coffee give you a quick joult of energy, but the good design of the vessel that holds the coffee makes the experience even quicker. 

1 comment:

  1. Good job. What about the actual form contributes to this design language? Does simplicity translate into efficiency?

    ReplyDelete